NX Exam Guide
This page will give you, the one taking the certification exam, some guidance into how to best calculate the answers and ensure that you format your answers correctly. Please read it thoroughly before beginning a Certification Exam.
Below are some general guidelines to note on any test, regardless of type or question.
Before the Exam
Please be sure to complete your entire profile, otherwise your certificate will not render correctly.
During the Exam
Answers are only accepted in integers (whole numbers) without decimal points or measurements.
As an example, let’s say you have calculated 1,138.421 mm as the answer for a test. The following answer would be accepted:
While these answers will be marked incorrect:
- 1,138.421 – Remove comma and decimal value
- 1,138 – Remove comma
- 1138.421 – Remove decimal
- 1138 mm – Remove unit of measurement
If you have a decimal, round appropriately up or down.
Additionally, negative answers cannot be accepted. If your answer is a negative number, please enter it as a positive, so:
- –94 – Remove negative indicator
Failure to follow these guidelines will result in your answer being marked incorrect.
- You will see a “Save Progress” button on the right-hand side (under the timer) while taking an exam. This option saves your current answers, but does NOT submit them for grading. Save early and often, such as after each question you complete. This will avoid any potential loss of answers.
- You will see a “Complete Exam” button at the bottom of the exam, which will submit your answers for grading. Only complete the exam when all questions have been completed, as this can’t be undone.
- You will see a “Start Over (This Will Reset Your Progress)” button at the bottom of the exam. This allows you to re-take the test if you do not pass initially. IT WILL RESET THE QUIZ, AND YOU WILL LOSE ANY PROGRESS AND STORED ANSWERS. You will then see the same certification exam with a new set of questions and will have to start over. There is a confirmation prompt so you won’t accidentally click it.
Some questions will require you to download .zip files, which contain files relevant to that specific question. Be sure that you are able to download .zip files from Siemens on your network (some school and business networks may not allow it) and that you are able to open .zip files.
For each exam, you will have a set time limit that will be declared before you begin. A timer will be visible when you are taking the test on the right-hand side. This timer will count down from when you begin the test.
The timer does not stop, even if you leave the page. Be sure that you set aside enough time for the whole exam before you begin.
Once the timer ends, your test will be submitted. Any answers you have saved will be submitted, as well as any with numbers already input that haven’t been saved. We are unable to extend your exam’s time, and cannot give additional time if it has already run out. If you believe you have extenuating circumstances, please contact us with as much detail as possible.
Before taking an exam, you must complete the Name field in your user profile. If you do not, then your name will not appear properly on your certificate should you successfully pass the exam. The name you enter in your profile is the name that will appear on your certificate.